How to zip Excel files
You can watch a video tutorial here.
Compressing or zipping files is a way to reduce the size of the files so that it occupies less space and makes it easy to transfer the files. When you have multiple files that need to be transferred, it is better to zip the files and create an archive. The archive file can then be sent out through email or other channels. This reduces the size of the files and makes it easier to handle them. Your computer may already have a tool for zipping files. If not, you can download any one of the many free tools available on the internet.
Step 1 – Create the archive
– In File Explorer, find the files that are to be compressed
– To select multiple random files, hold down the Ctrl key while clicking on the file names
– Right-click and select the archive tool, in this case, 7-zip
– Select the option to add the files to the archive
Step 2 – Check that the file size has been reduced
– Compare the sizes of the zipped and unzipped files to see how much smaller the archive file is