How to merge and center in Excel
Data calculation is one of the key features in Excel. Sometimes we need to calculate data from different columns and data is in bigger size than the default visibility of Excel’s cell. We need to merge more than one cell in most of case and to start writing from center. To make this happen Microsoft Excel provides built-in tool to handle this.
In this tutorial we will learn how to merge and center cells in Microsoft Excel. There are two methods to do it.
Method 1 – Use the short keys
Microsoft Excel provides a shortcut key combination to merge and Centre the cells.
The key is ALT + H + M + C.
Step 1 – Select the cells and apply short key
- Select multiple cells according to your data requirement.
- Apply the key .
- It will merge and we can start typing from the centre of cells.
Method 2 – Use the Merge and Center button
Microsoft Excel provides another way to merge and centre by using the built-in button in the home tab.
Step 1 – Select the cells and click the button
- Select multiple cells.
- Go to the home tab.
- Select the merge and centre button in the Alignment group.
- A drop down menu will appear.
- Select the first option merge and centre.
Hence, we have merged multiple cells and selected its writing at centre.