How to ignore all errors in Excel
You can watch a video tutorial here.
Microsoft Excel does not only provide methods for handling, manipulating data and performing calculations on the data but it also helps us in figuring out the errors in the formulas by showing us error messages.
In this tutorial we’ll see how to ignore all errors in Microsoft Excel, by following the steps below.
Method 1: Ignore errors temporarily for a particular case
Sometimes you don’t want to solve an issue, or you might want to ignore the issues if the errors don’t change the desired results. In that case you can use the below mentioned step to ignore the errors.
Step 1 – Select all cells with errors and use Error Information
- When some cells in your data set show errors and you know that the errors don’t spoil your calculations then you can ignore the errors. For this select all cells with errors.
- Click on the error information triangle sign and choose the Ignore Error option.
Method 2: Ignore errors permanently for all worksheets
If you want Excel to stop showing you any sort of errors then follow the steps mentioned below.
Step 1 – Choose Options from File Menu
- Click on the File menu from the list of main tabs.
- Then click on the Options button to open up Excel Options dialog box.
Step 2 – Disable background error checking in Formula Tab
- Click on the Formula tab from Excel Options dialog box.
- Go to the Error Checking section and uncheck the box next to Enable background error checking.
- This will remove all error signs from the current sheet and also tell Excel not to check for any errors in any other worksheets as well.