How to find the slope of a graph in Excel
You can watch a video tutorial here.
Excel is widely used for mathematical operations due to the variety of functions and tools it provides. You may need to use these tools to find the slope of a graph.
Option 1 – Use the trendline
Step 1 – Open the Format Trendline menu
- Select the chart and/or the line
- Go to Chart Design > Add Chart Element > Trendline > More Trendline Options
Step 2 – Select the display option
- In the Format Trendline pane, select Display Equation on chart
- The equation will be displayed on the chart
- The slope is the number adjacent to ‘x’
Option 2 – Use the SLOPE function
- Type in the slope function:
=SLOPE(<range of y values>, <range of x values>)
Option 3 – Use the SLOPE formula
- Type in the slope formula: