In Excel, notes are a type of comment that can be added to a cell. They are used to provide additional information about the content of a cell, such as an explanation or a reminder. Notes are not visible in the main body of the worksheet but are indicated by a small red triangle in the upper right corner of the cell.
In this tutorial, we will learn how to delete all notes in excel. In our dataset above, there are some students’ IDs along with their marks and notes of “FAIL” are written in the cell containing marks less than 50. But we need to remove these notes from our data set. For this, we have three methods i.e deleting notes by clear option, deleting notes by delete notes option, and deleting notes by deleting comments option. The following steps will guide you to use these methods.
Method 1:Delete Notes using the Clear option
Step 1 – Select the Data
- Select the complete range in the dataset, containing the notes by using the select handle and dragging it down to cover all required cells.
Step 2 – Click on the Clear option
- Click on the Clear option in the Home tab and a dropdown menu will appear
Step 3 – Click on the Clear Comments and Notes option
- From the dropdown menu click on the Clear Comments and notes option to get the required result
Method 2: Delete Note using Delete Note
Step 1 – Click on the cell
- Right-click on the cell containing the note and a dropdown menu will appear
Step 2 – Click on the delete Note option option
- In the drop-down menu, Click on the Delete Note option to get the required result
Method 3: Delete Notes using Delete Comments
Step 1 – Select the complete Sheet
- Press the “Ctrl+A” keys to select the complete sheet or you may click on the big green triangle sign present at the top right corner of the sheet.
Step 2 – Click on the Delete Comments option
- After selecting the complete sheet click on the Delete Comments option in the comments group of the Review tab to get the required result