How to delete a pivot table in Excel
Sometimes a pivot table may become inactive or you may want to delete it for creating one from a different dataset. In excel this can be achieved in two ways.
- Method 1: Using keyboard selection
- Method 2: Using Select menu
Suppose we have a pivot table in our excel worksheet.
Method 1: Using keyboard selection
In this method we are going to use the keyboard shortcut to select and delete the pivot table.
Step 1 – Using keyboard to select pivot table
- Click anywhere inside the pivot table.
- Press the key combination ‘Ctrl + A’.
- Press the delete button on the keyboard.
- The pivot table will be deleted.
Method 2: Using Select menu
Step 1 – Click Entire PivotTable in Select menu
- Click anywhere in the pivot table.
- Go to PivotTable Analyze tab and find the Select drop down menu in the Actions group.
- On the menu click Entire PivotTable
- Press delete button to delete the pivot table.