How to count names in excel
Microsoft Excel is a software that can also help us in mathematical calculations along with data analysis. There are many amazing features of Microsoft Excel which helps a lot in day to day routine. For example, COUNT is an in-built function in Excel, which will count the number of cells that contain numeric data.
Step 1 – Create header for Count
– Create a name count header.
– We will count in it, above is the example.
Step 2 – Apply Formula
– The formula that we will use to count the names in this examples is shown below;
– Excel will count the total number of data cells having a numeric value, picture example is shown above.
Step 3 – Calculate the count
– As soon as you press the enter key, the result is displayed as 7.
– It calculated only those NAMES having numeric value in the bank balance column.
– Names that do not contain any balance are not counted.
Hence, 7 names have been counted that have a bank balance. The count function does not calculate the names directly. So, we calculated names by indirect method, with the support of bank balance column.