How to copy value in Excel
You can watch a video tutorial here.
Excel is widely used for calculations and is very versatile when it comes to applying formulas. When we create a formula with cell references, the value will change each time the value in the cell is dependent on changes. After creating a column with formulas, you may want to copy only the computed value or the result and not the formula. For example, you create a column to compute a value and then need to copy that value to another table. In such a case, you will need to ensure that only the value is copied and not the formula.
Step 1 – Copy the cells
– Select the cells containing the formula
– Copy the cell by pressing Ctrl+C or by right-clicking and selecting Copy from the context menu
Step 2 – Open the Paste Special box
– Select the cell to where the values are to be copied
– Go to Home > Clipboard > Paste > Paste Special
Step 3 – Choose the Values option
– In the Paste Special window, choose Values
– Click OK
Note: After copying the data and selecting the destination, the keyboard shortcut for this paste operation is Alt+E > S > V or Ctrl+Alt+V
Step 4 – Check that the formulas have been removed
– Select any one of the cells and check the formula bar
– The formula is removed and only the value is displayed