How to convert time Zone in Microsoft Excel
In this tutorial we will learn how to Convert Time zones in Microsoft Excel. Converting time zones in Microsoft Excel is a useful feature for people who work with time-sensitive data or have to coordinate with people in different time zones. It allows you to change the time display in a cell from one time zone to another, providing a more accurate representation of the time. There are different methods to convert time zones in microsoft excel however we will use the MOD function to convert the time zone.
In our dataset, we have the times from various time zones and we want to convert these times to Greenwich Mean Time. For this purpose, we must know the difference of times in hours beforehand as shown in the given dataset. We’ll use these different hours to convert the times.
Microsoft Excel is a powerful spreadsheet application developed by Microsoft Corporation. Excel is widely used for data analysis, financial modeling, and business intelligence tasks. Excel allows users to create and manipulate large amounts of data in an organized manner. It offers a variety of features including basic arithmetic calculations, conditional formatting, and graphing capabilities. Additionally, Excel provides advanced functions such as pivot tables, macros, and Solver to help users with complex data analysis.
Step 1 – Select a Blank Cell
– Select a Blank Cell where you want to convert the time zone.
Step 2 – Change the Format of the Blank cell
– Right click on the blank cell.
– Click on the Format Cells option.
– Select Time as the Format in the Numbers Tab.
– Click on OK in the Format Cells dialog box.
Step 3 – Place an Equals Sign
– Place an Equals Sign ( = ) in the Blank Cell.
Step 4 – Use the MOD function
– We will use the MOD function to convert the time zone.
– The syntax of the MOD function will be
– Where A2 is the address of the cell containing time to be converted.
– C2 is the address of the cell containing the difference in hours between the time zones.
Step 5 – Press the Enter Key
– Press the Enter Key to convert the time.
Step 6 – Apply the function on each row
– Use the “Handle Select” and “Drag and Drop” method to apply the function on each row.