Today, in this step-by-step tutorial, you will be learning how to change cell colors in Excel. Here, we have a data set above of a flower store showing sales of flowers and we want to change the color of the cells having total sales values of Roses, Tulips, and Sunflowers. Follow the below given steps:
Excel is a computer program developed by Microsoft that allows users to create and manipulate spreadsheets. It is an effective tool for tabular data organization, analysis, and presentation. In addition to mathematical operations, graphing and charting, data sorting and filtering, and other data-related tasks, Excel offers a large number of functions, formulas, and tools for working with data. You can format the cells in many ways, for example you can change their size, alignment, color and much more.
Step 1 – Select the cell or range of cells
– Choose the cells you want to change the color of first.
– In our case, we have selected E:2, E:3, E:5 and E:9.
Step 2 – Click on the Fill Color tool icon
– After selecting the cells, click on the ‘Fill Color’ icon available in the toolbar.
– You will see a lot of color options available.
Step 3 – Change the color of the selected cells
– From the available color options, you can select anyone you want.
– You can also create new colors using the ‘More colors’ option in the menu.
– In our case, we have selected ‘Yellow’.
Step 4 – Background color will be changed
– After following the above steps, the background color of selected cells will be changed.