You can watch a video tutorial here.
The format of a spreadsheet in Google Sheets is in the form of columns and rows. Each intersection of the row and column is a cell. When we type text in a cell and press Enter, the cursor goes to the next row. There may be cases where we need to have multiple rows of text within the cell and blank lines in between.
Step 1 – Enable the cell for editing
– Select the cell and press F2
– Alternatively, select the cell and place the cursor in the formula bar
Step 2 – Type the text
– Type the text and then press Alt+Enter
– Press Alt+Enter again to skip the next line
– Repeat the above 2 steps till all the text is added
– Press Enter
Step 3 – Lines are skipped within the cell
– Multiple lines will be displayed within the cell with blank lines in between