How to return in a cell in Google Sheets
You can watch a video tutorial here.
The format of a spreadsheet in Google Sheets is in the form of columns and rows. Each intersection of the row and column is a cell. When you type text in a cell and press Enter, the cursor goes to the next row. There may be cases where you need to return within a cell to go to the next line in the cell.
Step 1 – Enable the cell for editing
– Select the cell and press F2
– Alternatively, select the cell and place the cursor in the formula bar
Step 2 – Type the text
– Type the text and then press Alt+Enter
– Type in the next line
– Press Alt+Enter each time you need to return within the cell
– Drag the border of the formula bar to expand it and display the lines in the cell
Step 3 – Multiple lines added
– Press Enter when all the text has been added
– Multiple lines will be displayed within the cell