How to insert drop down menu in Google Sheets
Google Sheets offer a very interesting way to insert a drop down menu. We can cater to this problem statement by using the data validation option in google sheets. We can perform the below mentioned way to insert drop down menu in google sheets:
We’ll learn about this methodology step by step.
To do this yourself, please follow the steps described below;
Step 1 – Google sheets tab with a list of random values
– Open the desired Google Sheets tab and type in a list of random numbers to be shown in the drop down
Step 2 – Going to the data validation option
– Now click on “Data”, and then go to the data validation option
Step 3 – Data Validation dialogue box
– Now a dialogue box will appear. Click on the button pointed by the red arrow in the image above.
Step 4 – Selection of the drop down list
– Now select the list of items which should be displayed in the drop down. We should select the random number which we have already entered, and then click on “OK”.
Step 5 – Saving the selections
– Now click on “Save” to save your selection.
Step 6 – Drop down menu inserted
– We can see that the drop down menu has been inserted.